Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spammers spoil everything, as usual

I really hate spam and spammers. About as much as I despise the online game World of Warcrafts "Gold Sellers".

When both of them are trying to invade my blog, I get REALLY peeved.

In case any of you were wondering why your comments weren't showing up on the blog, I had to turn on comment moderation because they were spamming the comments with their ads and I was tried of playing catch up and cleaning up their mess.

(Edit: Comment moderation is now only on post older than 14 days. So that should make things a lil easier. I'll adjust the number of  days as appropriate later.)

Of course, I'm not so familiar with the comment moderation feature on Blogger yet, so I only found out recently on return from Bangkok that I had a whole stack of pending comments to approve. I really do apologize for the lateness. I'd figured they'd send me a notification or something. Turns out... not so correct actually.

(Edit: I just found out I have to manually set this in settings. So that solves one problem)

Speaking of Bangkok: It was great, I got food poisoning and for some reason it's really really hard to find an internet connection you don't have to pay through your nose for. Now I have a newfound appreciation for free wifi...