Saturday, May 21, 2005

Stopover at 2005 Web Cartoonists' Choice Awards: Last Chances!

The deadline for WCCA nominations is less than 24 hours away, so this is in just before the deadline.

I'm not really in the mood for lengthy discourse, because I have been bitten by the DRAWING bug, which means I don't feel like writing but drawing lots and lots of pictures and practicing my anatomy instead. Usually I'd just procrastinate, but with the approaching deadline, I'll just reel off the ones I have nominations for and leave the ones I don't be.

Outstanding Dramatic Comic - This award recognizes the dramatic elements of an online comic's storyline.
Eight To One. Drama tends to work best when the characters involves feel human. And that what makes it work for me, really.

Outstanding Story Concept - This award recognizes the writer’s ability to create an engaging, enjoyable and entertaining plot using the proper linguistic tools of both the genre and the medium.

No Rest for the Wicked. I can't help it. I'm in love with that thing.

Outstanding Romantic Comic - This award recognizes comics that reach a high level of quality in addressing issues of love and romance in their stories, settings and characters.


It's possible that I'm an abnormality when it comes to preferences because I generally find stories that focus exclusively on romance boring. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind romances if they fit in the contexts, but I just find they don't work very well for me without something else to accompany. For this reason, I find it hard to think of a comic for this category (Yes, I know it says 'addresses romance' instead of 'focus on romance', but the way they named that category freezes my brain into typecasting it.

My vote goes to Penny and Aggie, although I wouldn't consider it a 'romantic comic', but it's got enough romance elements to work.

And this is where I leave it. There are several other categories I'm leaving blank because I can't think of anything that I feel would suit it.

Anyways, happy nominations, I hope your favourite comics make it to the voting round, I'll doubtless have a report on the voting round next.

Now my sketch pad is calling. *runs off*